The annual Rundle Cup Polo Day at Tedworth Park Polo Club took place on Sat 31st July. A large crowd of 3,500 to 4,000 attended, there was a parachute display by the REME Free Fall Team. Admiral Sir Tim Frazer RN, VCDS presented the prizes and took the salute. The Band of HM Royal Marines were in attendance.
The results were as follows:
The ‘Heroes’ Team beat the TPPc Veterans by 2 goals:
Heroes: All suffered injuries of various severity.
- L/Cpl Vicky Adams REME: Leg injuries
- Capt Fran Townsend RAMC: Severe pelvic injuries, uses crutches.
- Lt Giles Handland RN: Spinal injuries.
- Col Dickie Winchester: ‘Anchor’ for the team.
The Veterans: Some with injuries.
- ex Tpr Steve Wall QRH: was paralysed in AFV accident.
- Ex S/Sgt Elaine Corner REME: Missing lower left leg.
- Brett Hamlington : Ex RAF
- Maj Gen Robert Talbot – Rice: ‘Anchor’ for the team.
The Indian Cavalry Officers Trophy: Won by Tedworth Polo Club by 6 goals to 3.
- Sqn Ldr Vicky Woodhead RAF
- Lt Hector Fair KRH
- Maj Will Mawby RY
- Capt Johnny Sleeman QRH
- George Hankinson
- Elspeth Talbot-Rice
- Ed Whittington
- James Haigh.
The Rundle Cup: Won in great style by the Army Team by 9 goals to 41/2.
- Lt Steve Worsley RN
- Surg Cdr Harry Rourke RNR
- 3.Lt Max Cosby RN
- Cdr Steve Spiller RN
- Capt Paul Erhahiemen QARANC
- Capt Scarlett Glover RHA
- Lt Will Cecil QRH
- Capt Paddy Selfe KRH
A press release was also created to summarise the day’s events.
All photographs are by Sam Churchill.