Tampere, Finland will become centre stage for the European Masters Games 2023
The games will take place from 26 June to 9 July 2023. Registration opens on 6 Oct 2022, with an early bird offer of 15% discount until 6 Nov 2022.
ASCB will coordinate the registrations centrally for those Army sports that wish to enter the Games.
The Ops Team have emailed the organisers to ask what the group registration process is, and as soon as they know more, They will
advise secretaries. In the meantime, secretaries should complete the form provided (internal SECs/AOs you will receive a link via SharePoint) to register your interest.
Forms indicating a sports intent to participate in the Games are to respond to firstname.lastname@example.org by cop Tue 1 Nov.
LIST OF SPORTS
The following sports will take place at the EMG23:
• Table Tennis
ASCB FUNDING & CONTRIBUTION
The ASCB Trustees have authorised the following funding from the Charitable fund, to offset the cost of an individual’s participation.
• Registration fees will be paid for by ASCB.
• For Serving Army athletes only, ASCB will contribute to the cost of accommodation by funding £50 per person per night from the ASCB Charitable Fund.
• ASL grant depending on number of tickets held by an individual
• ASCB Ops will support any BIBMTF applications
• The priority should be serving personnel, but it is acceptable for veterans to participate if there are insufficient serving personnel of the required standard (or of course age bracket).
• The veterans must be part of the ASL to get the ASL funding element.
• At the moment veterans would not be entitled to the additional funding from the CF (over and above their ASL funding if they subscribe to the ASL) as this has been authorised by the Trustees for serving personnel only.
TRAVEL & ACCOMMODATION
• Sports are to arrange their own travel and accommodation.
• Participation in the EMG will be treated as an additional OSV and will not affect your annual OSV allocation.
• One letter of authority will be issued to encompass all sports and the registration details you submit will form the nominal role as mentioned previously, you will need to confirm your travel arrangements once booked.
• ASCB Ops will obtain Diplomatic Clearance on your behalf.
BRANDING & KIT
• ASCB will provide an ‘Army and ASCB branded kit pack’ which will contain the following items, this kit will be used for official photos etc – further details to follow:
– Polo Shirt
– Kit bag
– ASL water bottle
• Your Normal Army representative branded sports kit is to be worn during participation.